To wait...is there anyone on earth that enjoys waiting?! The very word 'wait' has the remarkable ability to slap an automatic crusty on my face. Add the word 'patient' to the word 'wait', and you will even get a sarcastic roll of the eyes on top of that big ol' crusty. The older I get, the less patient I seem to be. Personally, whenever I hear someone tell me that patience is a virtue, I have the sudden urge to flick them hard right in the center of the forehead and walk away laughing! Rude, right?!
But I promise I am not usually a rude or a cranky person. I swear it wasn't always like this. You know those little lists we all make when we are in young women's... the lists we have to make of our many virtues and talents etc... Almost always I would have the word patient written down on my little list. Either I was totally delusional, and fooling myself into thinking I was something when I was not, or somewhere down the line I lost my ability to wait patiently.
I turned my application in for the teaching program back on March 1st. I filled out the paperwork, went to the interview, and was then told that I would have to wait about 2 weeks to hear the results of whether I was accepted into the program or not. So there was nothing left to do but wait. I did pretty good the first seven days, but then I began to get sick of the waiting. To my dismay, I found myself turning into my grandmother, and listening for the mail man to come every day so I could run out and get the mail. Pathetic, I know. And somewhere in the back of my head, logic was screaming that it had only been a week... Chill out! I, however, chose to ignore good ol' logic.
Fast forward to today, where I literally found myself grumbling and muttering under my breath as I made my way to the mailbox. Day after day, and always nothing (ok, that sounds dramatic. It really only has been a little over 2 weeks!) Today, there inside the mailbox FINALLY was the letter that I had been waiting so impatiently for!! I got accepted into the teaching program for the fall, and I couldn't be more excited. So, apparently, good things DO come to those who wait... whether they wait patiently or not!
Congrats Ash- on both the teaching program and entering the blogging world! Sure do love you!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! And you know, patients is overrated! On the bright side, our mailbox has had more visits in the last week that in the whole time I have lived there!
ReplyDeleteShlee, I left you a comment and it's not showing up. Are you ignoring me? Have you decided that it would be better if I do not sully your blog with my silly comments? What is happening to us? AAHHH
ReplyDeleteI am going to go cry now.
(Congrats on getting into your program!!)