Monday, December 5, 2011
Having "The Talk"...
So, I know it has been forever since my last post, but I promise that I am alive and well. Life just got busy all of a sudden! I recently had an experience with one of my little 5th graders while I was out on recess duty, that I just had to share. It goes a little something like this...
Student: (whispering conspiratorially) "Hey...Ms. Swenson. Guess what? I had 'the talk' last night!"
Me: (Looking completely horrified) "What!? You had 'the talk' last night? Really? Already? I mean...wow!"
(I was pretty much stumbling all over my words at this point. Because, I mean, really, what do you say to a 5th grader who claims her parents gave her the talk last night? Crazy thoughts were running through my head, like oh my gosh, what am I going to do if she starts asking me questions?! All these frenzied thoughts took place in the space of about 30 seconds.)
Student: "Yup, I finally had 'the talk': (at this point, she looks around, and lowers her voice again) "you know....the one about Santa!"
I burst out laughing! I was SO relieved that this was "the talk" that she was referring to!! I uselessly tried to control my laughter and quickly told her how grown up she was, and to try her best not to ruin the secret for her other classmates. Then she skipped off happily to the monkey bars, while I quietly chuckled to myself.
It's moments like these that I remind myself that life really is good! No matter how busy or hectic or crazy things get, Life throws little moments like these to remind you to lighten up, have fun, and enjoy the ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, that IS funny!
ReplyDelete