Sunday, October 16, 2011

Frightmares

Last weekend my sister and her family came to Salt Lake for our annual Halloween party!  And when I say party, I mean we eat good food, wear Halloween PJs, decorate pumpkins, and generally consume way too many Halloween goodies (like scrumptious dirt cake and Rollo cookies!!)  This year we also took them to Lagoon, for frightmares.  We had such a blast.  It was super cold in the early afternoon, with a few drizzles, and cancelled rides, but by evening the skies had cleared up, and we actually got a glimpse of the sun.  We really couldn't have asked for a nicer day.

This year, Brooklyn was tall enough to go on the majority of the rides, and she handled them like a champ!  I was so proud of my brave little 6 yr old niece as she climbed on all of the roller coasters with us.  Her biggest challenge was the colossus, because it goes upside down.  But she overcame her fear (with a little persuasion from her mom and aunties) and conquered the colossus!!

I love this time of year, but most of all I love all the excuses we get this time of year to be with family!!



Nana taking care of Kynlie!


Brooklyn standing next to her conquered fear.  Way to go Brookie Cookie!  I'm so proud of you!





Fun on the Merry-Go-Round



(Notice the creeper checking out my sister!)


1 comment: