Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just for kicks and giggles!

Do you ever have those moments, where it becomes so glaringly obvious that Heavenly Father has an incredible sense of humor?  Every time I go to the zoo, for example, It becomes apparent to me that He has to get his laughs in, just like the rest of us.  I mean, have you seen some of the animals He created?  A monkey with a  multicolored butt...I mean, come on!  It's friggin hilarious!

Well, I have been lucky enough to be reminded of His sense of humor several times in my life, although unfortunately it is usually at my own expense.  I had one such moment the other night.  I was over at a friends house, and we were having a good time, joking around, eating some divine skookie's.  Well, we got on a topic which got me pretty fired up, and I was trying to demonstrate my macho-butt kicking- don't mess with me attitude.  For those of you who don't know me, I can get pretty feisty!  Anyway, here I was, acting all tough, sitting on a bar stool, and pounding my fist into my hand to demonstrate just how awesomely-tough I am, when WHAM!!!  All of a sudden I find myself in a heap on the floor with my chair tipped over several feet away from me. Nothing says "don't mess with  me" better than plummeting not-so-gracefully to the floor!!

Amidst the chorus of laughter and jeers from my friends, I once again reaffirmed my belief that Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor! So I am giving you all fair warning.  You better watch out!  If you start to get a little too cocky and prideful (even if it is all in fun and games) you may find yourself in a heap on your friend's kitchen floor with 2 very sore, very bruised cheeks!

2 comments: