Her: Hmm... none of the teachers seem to be very good at this game. (Looking up at me) except you, you are really really good.
Me: Well, thank you, but I'm just standing here! Her: I know, but you're doing it really well!
I had to try really hard not to crack up over this, because she was dead serious. I can honestly say that it was my first time being complemented for my standing skills!
*One of the students just received a new phone, and was showing her friends how she could look up any music she wanted on the Internet. They were becoming frustrated when their multiple searches for "beaver" were coming up unsuccessful! (They were trying to look up Justin Bieber music!) One of the little 3rd graders turns to me, puts her hands on her hips, and says "Man, these techy-nogical times can be so difficult." I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing! HILARIOUS.
* We were engaged in a fun St. Patrick's day scavenger hunt, that had us running literally all over the school. A few of us teachers started to lag behind. One of the 4th grader boys noticed we were starting to lag behind.Him: C'mon, c'mon! You girls need to run. You need boyfriends!
Me: What does running have to do with boyfriends?
Him: Duh, everybody knows that the fastest runners get all the hot dates! So apparently all I need to do is run real fast, and I'll get a hot date! If I had only known sooner! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment