Friday, April 22, 2011

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

Yesterday, my day started out normal enough.  My very sweet, dedicated roommate dragged my behind out of bed to exercise for the morning, I got ready, ate breakfast, and headed out the door for class.  It was a little chilly, but not too cold, although the clouds in the sky suggested that it might rain any second.

I got about half-way through my class, when I bent down to get something out of my backpack.  As I did so, I glanced at my feet, and realized to my horror that I was wearing two different shoes.  Yes, you heard me right. I was wearing two completely different pairs of shoes.  And the funny thing, is that they aren't even similar.  One of them has shoe laces, the other one doesn't, and one of them is brown, while the other was green.  Don't even ask me how I didn't notice the difference when I was putting them on before leaving the house.  I have been over it a thousand times in my mind, wondering how on earth even I could be that oblivious! But the proof was right there in front of me!  Luckily, no one seemed to notice, or at least if they did, they were kind enough not to mention it to me.  So, despite my initial result to run right home and put on a matching pair of shoes, I decided to head over to the library after my class to get some homework done. 

As I was studying, I really started not feeling well.  I was hoping that the nausea would pass (cause let's face it, sometimes homework makes me nauseous) , but it just seemed to be getting worse, so I decided to pack it up and head home.  It was pouring outside, and I, of course, had left my umbrella in my car.  I probably got about 30 feet outside of the library doors when I realized that my breakfast that I had eaten that morning had decided to come back up for a visit.  I quickly ran to the end of the sidewalk where there are a few trees before I doubled over and threw up the contents in my stomach.  I was HORRIFIED!  There I was, in the middle of campus, soaked to the bone, two different shoes on, throwing-up.  I hadn't thrown up in public like this since my mission (which wasn't the funnest experience either!)  Once I could, stood up, and hurried away, not daring to look anyone in the eye.  I almost made it all the way back to my car before I had to stop and throw up again.  Whether it was something I ate, or a flu bug, I don't know.  All I know is that it struck hard and fast and left me with little warning of what I was about to happen.   
And that is why it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  That, and the fact that here I find myself a day later still sick, still in bed, still in my pajamas, and it's 6 o'clock on a Friday night.  What can I say, I'm living the dream!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Sorry you had to go through such misery. :( But I think it makes for a good story. :P

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Ash.... two different shoes. I should make you come home and never let you out of the house again. :) Hope you're feeling better. Love ya

    ReplyDelete