Monday, April 18, 2011

Worms anyone?!

With all the rain that we have been having recently, it seems there is an endless river of worms. Today, what should have been a simple walk through campus turned into a very intricate obstacle course.  I was weaving to the right and the left, jumping backwards, forward, diagonal...I was doing anything to avoid stepping on one of those wiggly worms.  I'm pretty sure I pulled a few muscles twisting this way and that to keep my balance.  At one point, I had my feet so twisted that I quite literally almost fell. (Which for those of you who know me shouldn't come as too much of a surprise!) But, today I wasn't the only one!  As I made it to the library, I stopped and looked around for a minute before going inside. All these students were making their way to class, and they all shared something in common: their eyes were glued on the ground, and as they made their way to their various destinations, they quite honestly looked a little drunk as they too tried to avoid squishing the wormies. I saw a few head-on collisions, some very impressive acrobatic moves, and I even saw one girl very gracefully fall into the mud!   It's times like these that I look around and remind myself that life is good!  For, although I am sure we all looked absolutely ridiculous as we made our way to class, I also noticed something else.  Those head on collisions turned into conversations with people that otherwise would never have met.  Those acrobatic moves turned into contagious smiles and laughter, and the graceful plunge into the mud turned into an opportunity for several people to help another.  Sometimes God blesses us with some sunshine, or flowers, or even other people to remind us how beautiful life can be; and I guess  sometimes he just sends the worms!

No comments:

Post a Comment