For one of my classes this summer, I have been learning all about fashion, clothes, and the psychology behind why we wear what we wear. I wasn't too thrilled that I had to take this class in the first place, because let's face the facts, I have never been, nor will I ever be what you would call a "Fashionista". I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. But much to my surprise, this class has actually been alot of fun.
Today, we were tasked with the challenge of creating a unique form of dress with our groups. Luckily, because it's a summer class and we only had 45 minutes to complete the project, our dress forms were on a smaller scale. The rules were that we couldn't buy anything for the project, we had to use what we already had. Other than that, there weren't really any other rules. My group decided that we wanted to go with the more natural route. We named our project "One With Nature", and here is our final product!
| Back |
| Front |
Not bad for 45 minutes and limited resources, huh?! Plus those pine cones were really hard to pull apart. I have scrapes on my fingers from tearing those apart, and burns on my finger from the glue gun. Ah...the cost of fashion! I know that I personally wouldn't be caught dead in something like this, however, we figured the idea might appeal to someone like Lady Gaga! She would be crazy enough to walk around in a burlap bag, leaf, pine cone dress!:)
so impressive and fun!
ReplyDelete